Barbara: Okay, let’s face it, platitudes can be annoying. But they can also be cute and helpful and quick and easy… and true! Today, what are your five favourite platitudes or sayings (OR, conversely, what are the 5 platitudes you love to hate)? My current faves:
1. Be true to yourself.
2. Bird by bird (courtesy of Anne Lamott, which roughly translates to “one step at a time”).
3. Look around you.
4. Live in the now.
5. It’s better to be kind than right (courtesy of Deb).
1. I also love "Bird by Bird" and use it all the time.
2. I don’t know who came up with that one actually. I think it is specifically: “Would you rather be right or kind?”
3. Stop and smell the roses
4. To thine own self be true.