1. Breakfast in Paris: chocolate croissants and café au lait (even though normally I can't digest coffee. See how this works?!)
2. 2-hour hike in the Rockies along one of its pristine lakes.
3. Swimming and snorkeling off a remote beach in Hawaii.
4. 3-hour road trip through the Sonoma Valley.
5. Dinner at French Laundry with all my favourite people (our treat).
6. (okay, I’m cheating) Falling asleep on a super-comfortable bed on a beach by the ocean under the stars and moon (no bugs, no creatures to worry about).
Deb: Thanks, Barb! Yay, it’s m’birthday. How I loves me birthday!
Okay in my perfect world...
(I actually did a perfect world birthday a few years back. Sat in a piazza in Florence for lunch with husband and boy, watching people on a carousel as we drank champagne and ate bread and cheese! It was like a glorious dream!)
1. Waking up in a villa in Tuscany for a real Italian breakfast on the patio with my husband, the boy and his girl.
2. With money as no object, the afternoon would be spent shopping. I would buy lovely things for me and gifts for Colin, boy, and girl.
3. Looking out the window of The Royal Scotsman luxury train, with a glass of red wine in my hand, dressed to the nines, with my vintage Louis Vuitton makeup bag by my side as the Scottish country side drifts by us.
4. High in the treetops in our Treehouse apartment with the constellations above us and the ocean or lake below. Ahhhhhhh, treehouse.
5. Spending the day having one more moment each with all the people I have loved and lost.